Got this from friends as a gift.Went to activate it, and it demands my birth date and social security number.

Says it's "federal law". No way am I giving them that info, so I gave the card back to friends and said thanks...but no thanks. They called number on card (no live person to talk to) to get refund and it says card was activated and they won't issue refund.

Total joke.Do not let these thieves steal your money!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Green Dot Corporation. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Green Dot Corporation.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare Green Dot Corporation to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Green Dot Corporation?

Comments

Evolution Finance, Inc. (Wallethub) Suck  Big Time! WalletHub "I honestly do Not even know Why I ever bothered to sign up with them! It was definitely a Big Mistake! This company is 100% Disgusting And Totally Useless! The..." Read more My nightmare with Direct express card costumer care and disputes transportation Direct Express "My card was drained wile I was going tru surgery. On may second I was hospitalized and had to go tru surgery and had complications, during that time my wallet..." Read more Netspend - Gave away my money Netspend "I reported my card lost on June 19th and ordered a new card as reflected in the first image. Then, June 24th the next image shows I had NO active..." Read more Capital One Defrauded Us and Ruined Our Vacation Capital One "On November 19, 2015, I purchased two First Class, round trip tickets from Boston to Rome on Alitalia using the Capital One Rewards Travel website. The tickets were purchased..." Read more Lkq Corporation - Liers cheat's and theves...... Lkq Corporation "This is my 2 cents, LKQ in San Bernardino has a employee by the name of ralphelo who helps make sure the cars are set down correctly and cleans the..." Read more Frontgate - When a pledge is just a pledge.  3 Attempts at delivery and each time the product was damaged!!! Frontgate "Originally ordered the Palermo outdoor Lg Sq Table/Chairs set on July 17, 2017. First and second deliveries showed up with either glass broken and/or cheap plastic piece that holds table..." Read more Gnc - No consistency in product Gnc "I work overseas so I purchased all of my vitamins at one time which was close to $1000.00 and in my mega-man vitamin packs were a mismatch of vitamins. Some..." Read more Waffle House - Egregious service by WH employees to a 30 yr service veteran Waffle House "On or about, 9/22/2017, between 4-5pm, I visited the Georgia State University Waffle House located at 100 Piedmont Ave SE, Atlanta GA 30303. Upon visiting the store, I noticed an..." Read more