Green Dot corporation took from my card money to cover a so called maintenance fee on a card that was not being used for several months. I was never notified either by Email or mail that these fees were building up and if I had lost the card the charges would keep being applied.

They also charge you for loading money onto the card no matter what the amount, So I feel I am being double billed for a maintenance fee on a card that is dormant, and charged a fee initially that is substantial and should cover any so called maintenance fee. You can quickly go deep in debt by just not using the card.

Had an Experience with Green Dot Corporation?

Comments

The number of hidden fees in some prepaid debit cards is very troubling. Offering the convenience of a prepaid card may be a valuable service, but it is unconscionable to charge undisclosed charges or fees hidden in fine print. Meiselman, Denlea, Packman, Carton & Eberz, P.C. is actively investigating a potential class action prepaid credit card companies that may be charging hidden fees. If you would like to discuss your legal options, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Greg Blankinship, Esq.

Meiselman, Denlea, Packman, Carton & Eberz, P.C.

1311 Mamaroneck Avenue

White Plains, NY 10605

914-517-5000

gblankinship@mdpcelaw.com

To ensure compliance with applicable rules of professional conduct, please note that this post might be construed as Attorney Advertising. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

I have read time and again about the SCAMS you guys pull. You've even cussed customers out and scammed them out of even MORE money. You can't do this to people, and you will be taken care of.

On May 15, 2011 I went to Walgreen's on 23 S. Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA I purchased a Greendot Card for 4.95 and loaded $200.00 on it. When I got home I tried to load my card onto my debit card and I kept getting insufficient funds. I immediately called your company Greendot and was told that I needed to fax my receipt, greendot card (showing the scratched off side) and my debit card I tried to load to 626-739-2059 I was then told to wait for up to 2 business days before I'd get a response. I also went to Walgreen's to try and get this resolved and there was nothing they could do but refer me back to Greendot. Two days later I noticed how late it was getting and I called back. I was told that my fax was never received, and I had to resend to fax number 626-739-2057 I waited on the phone with the representative to make sure they received my fax. The person I spoke to was Leah around 9:36a.m. They did confirm it and told me again it will be up to two business days before I would get a response and my money back. I asked why would it take so long I was told that the money was loaded to someone else's debit card this is why it would take so long. Two business days later on May 19 I am told it's still under investigation and a Senior Advisor will contact me on Monday between the hours of 9a.m. and 5p.m. It is now May 23, 2011 I've just got off the phone with Igor yet another customer service representative and he's telling the same thing that I've been hearing since last...

I just want my $200.00 this is totally unfair and unethical.

I just sent an email to: custcareref@greendotcorp.com hopefully this will be resolved in my favor TODAY!!!

We truly apologize for your experience. We have done our best to highlight our simple fee structure by clearly posting them on our card packaging and website. Be assured that we will only assess a Monthly Charge until the balance reaches -$11.90, at which point the fees will no longer accumulate.