My mother and I both have the same account. My mothers pension and social security check where direct deposited onto the Wal-Mart money card each month. my mother passed away in November. They green dot bank has placed a hold on the account so I have no access to funds which belong to our family. I was instructed my green dot bank to go down to social security and fill out paperwork. I did go to SS in January 22, 2015. They said green dot bank had no business touching the account. The monies that is on the card is over $1700.00 I cannot get nowhere with there 800 number.

You reach the Philippines and no one can barley speak English. I have know placed a complaint with the Federal reserves.

I am waiting for the investigation to be handley by this organization. I have copies from SS that my mother has passed on and I am entitled to the money on the account. No funds that should not be on the account are on there. The funds that are on the account come from Octobers SS payment and my mothers Oct. pension. Stay away form this bogus company.......

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of green dot corporation account and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1785. Green Dot Corporation needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned green dot corporation account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Green Dot Corporation.

Had an Experience with Green Dot Corporation?

Comments

I am waiting for you to learn how to spell and use proper grammar.Whenever I call the SS Office I don't reach the Philippines or have trouble understanding the people that I talk to.

Do you call your local SS Office or do you call the 800 number?

The way I understand it, depending on the time of the month that your mother died, if there is anything left of her SS money, it has to go back to Social Security.