Additional Fees
Interest Rate

On 10/8/18 I had my benefit check deposited on to a Walmart money card. At that point Green dot bank Locked my Account for reasons unknown.

I called on 10/10/18 to find out why my account was locked. I was told I needed to verify my information. So I had to send in copies of my ID my, my Fiances ID and copies of the direct deposit transaction to verifymydocs@greendot.com and the process would take up to 5 business days to review the documents and unlock the account. It took three more days and 6 phone calls to ensure the documents had been received to be reviewed.

On 10/12/18 I was told now it would be another 5 business to unlock the account. And since it was Friday add 2 non-business days. I was assured the account would be unlocked quicker than that. I have called every day 10/15/18-10/19/18 each time the information from the associate was different.

sometimes they said they still needed my ID and other times they said that all the documents had been reviewed. Tonight 10/19/18 12 days since the deposit was made the account is still locked and the associates are saying it will be another 3 business days to unlock the account.

This is completely unacceptable Green dot bank is holding MY money hostage. I have complied with all their requests. Their customer service is the worst in the industry.

The can not escalate the issue any higher than them selves. Some associates have been rude and hung up the phone. I am more than frustrated.

I am contemplating taking legal action against the company. I will never do buiness with Green Dot Bank Ever again

Product or Service Mentioned: Walmart Moneycard Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Had a few helpful supervisors.

I didn't like: Hold times on the phone, No one would help me, Misinformation, Held onto my money for over 2 weeks.

Comments

Do you happen to have a phone number where I could speak to a real live human being? The same thing is happening to me.

. Thank you.