Tulare, California
100% full Not resolved

Update by user Mar 27, 2016

I called green dot corporate Feb 29 to check on the status and the lady said that their investigation concluded that I had given the information on the card to someone and that person was then able to register it and use it.Possibly when I placed the order on Amazon.

I said and "what date was that on?" She said "On Feb. 12." I said "That's incorrect because I placed the order on Feb. 22 and that was the first time I had ever used it!" She said "The results of our investigation are final, sorry." I said " The investigation was wrong and then asked for the name of the person who registered the card". Since I supposedly gave the information to someone I know, then giving me the name shouldn't be a secret.

She refused and I asked "why are you protecting the criminals identity? This is why they do it!

You should be displaying and flagging their name everywhere as a public service.We can't catch them if you let them hide behind you." She said I could " File a police report and try to find them that way."

Original review posted by user Feb 26, 2016

After loading a brand new unopened greendot card with $500, I drove home and started to register it online.I started to fill out step one and before I could finish the screen changed and said the card was registered.

How could this be? I had not entered my name, address, or social security number yet. I can't access the card because now it's asking me for the info that i never gave it. I got ahold of a lady in customer service on the phone using my other green dot card otherwise you'll be stuck in the automated loop to nowhere.

I read the new card number to her and gave her my name " Robinson ". She said that the card was registered, but not to that name. Then she called me Mr. Smith and corrected herself.

She couldn't tell me anything about the funds so, I said " If you were the criminal who registered the card wouldn't you take the money out as fast as you can? Because that's what they did isn't it? I wouldn't expect any money to be left on it right? She said "yes" and she apologized and called me Mr.

Smith again and corrected herself. I'm thinking to myself, Mr. Smith? Are you fn serious?

Talk about a red flag? Anyway she gave me a claim number and I have since submitted the documents requested for the investigation.

How is it possible that my card got registered and the money gone before I even got home?The card clearly states on the back invalid unless signed, yeah right!

Review about: Green Dot Corporation Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Loaded brand new card and it became registered to someone else before I got home with it still unopened..

I didn't like: Learning my 500 dollars vanished from a brands new unopened card.

Had an Experience with Green Dot Corporation?

Comments

O Fallon, Illinois, United States #1215038

Hello,

Have you had any progress with this issue this has just happened to me, I am in the process of submitting a law suit.